linalool, linalyl acetateProduct Description
Gentle aroma and numerous useful properties and applications.
Why lavender from Bulgaria?
Bulgaria is the largest lavender producer in the world (along with France). Bulgarian lavender oil is among the highest-quality lavender oils on the international market.
Origin of the name and application of the flowers
The name "lavender" originated from the Latin "lava" – wash. In the past, people have worshiped this plant, and have also used it for washing their clothes and body. In some countries, they have used it along with other aromatic plants such as cloves, nutmeg, tea rose, for sedative effects in the treatment of insomnia and migraine. Lavender is mostly grown for two purposes, one of which is using it as a spice, and the other one – for the production of lavender oil.
In Bulgaria, lavender was first introduced in 1907 for the needs of the experimental field near Kazanlak. Since then it has spread throughout Bulgaria. Most lavender is grown in the region of Karlovo, Kazanlak, Dobrich, etc.
Lavender is an evergreen shrub. Grows at a height of 50-60 cm. Its stem is erect, slightly bent over the edge and covered with a grayish fine moss. On the top there are many narrow, pale-gray flowers reminding of wheat ear, although the palette of shades may vary from blue to dark violet. The size of the bush in some cases can reach 2 meters.
Lavender (lavandula angustifolia) is an annual evergreen plant. Lavender is an unpretentious plant, widely used in cosmetics and medicine. It develops in the form of a semi-shrub or shrub The herb belongs to the Lamiaceae family.
The root system of lavender is highly branched, reaching a depth of up to 4 meters. This determines its anti-erosion effect.
In different countries, lavender has different names, such as Levanda, lavender, and colored grass. There are about thirty species of this flower. Lavender grows in the Canary Islands, in East Africa, in southern Europe, in Arabia and in India. There are also cultivated varieties that can be seen in all the gardens of the world.
The aroma of lavender has a soothing effect and helps reduce headaches. But not only healing properties are appreciated in lavender. It is widely used in perfumery and cosmetics. The culinary industry also takes advantage of lavender, as this plant has a specific spicy flavor. And in the household, the dried lavender sprigs are used as against moths.
Useful properties of lavender oil
- Lavender essential oils are used in medicine to this day for healing baths, as well as in perfumery.
- Essential oil obtained from lavender is an excellent medicine. The healing properties of the oil make it possible to get rid of any bruises, burns; lavender stalks and leaves are used in aromatherapy for bathing. In addition, lavender contains so-called honey, which is an excellent medicine.
- Essential oils contained in lavender are a good calming product. They reduce the spasms and soothe the pain, close the wounds, improve the functioning of the intestines and the stomach, remove intestinal worms and rheumatism, aid the release of fluids from the body through sweat or urine, they are antiseptic, etc.
- Lavender helps you get rid of insects and parasites, and also helps with snake or insect bites, including poison ones. Lavender grass contributes to the removal of bile from the body, and the oil, given its effectiveness against microbes, is used for inhalation in diseases such as pneumonia, bronchitis, etc.
- Given the calming effect of lavender, it is used for neurasthenia, neuroses, insomnia, melancholy, skin rash associated with nervous feelings, excessive fatigue, as well as weakness along with decreased blood pressure.
- Excellent indoor air freshener. The colors of lavender are dried and used to aromatize things and clothes, as well as to refresh the rooms. In addition, flowers help fight moths if you put them close to your clothes.
- The excellent effect that lavender has on the general mental and emotional state of the person and on the central nervous system as a whole is noted.
- Lavender helps to create a sense of calm and tranquility, thus reducing the negative impact of adverse factors and stress, protecting the mind and the mental state.
- The positive properties of lavender can accelerate recovery of energy and power, increase productivity, eliminate stress at the end of the day, increase mental alertness.
Application of lavender oil
- in medicine
- in cosmetology
- in aromatherapy
- in perfumery
- in the culinary industry